Providing individual psychotherapy. See below for upcoming stress-management course.
Treatment specialization includes:
- Addiction & Recovery
- Work and Career issues
- Stress Management
- Relationship Issues
- Life and Spiritual Crises
- Chronic Pain
- Bipolar Disorder
Mindfulness-Based Stress Management 8-week Series*
Are you ready to make profound internal change?
6:15 – 8:15 PM for 8 Monday nights, beginning September 30th and November 18th.
Orientation Session: September 9th at 6:15 PM.
All-Day Retreat: November 9th
This course that combines insights from Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (Williams, Teasdale, Segal and Kabat-Zinn, 2007) and Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (Kabat-Zinn, 2013) so that participants can:
- Relax and meet the challenges of everyday life
- Be fully present and alive in this moment, rather than worrying about the future or ruminating on the past
- Respond rather than react to disturbing events
- Improve one’s sense of self
- Decrease anxiety and depression
- Decrease suffering from chronic physical pain.
Structure of the course:
- Eight 2-hour classes the involve teaching, discussion, and meditation practice.
- Required home reading: Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn.
- An all-day retreat.
Formal mindfulness meditation methods:
- Body scan meditation
- Sitting meditation—mindfulness of breath, body, feelings, thoughts, and emotions
- Walking meditation
- Eating meditation
Informal Mindfulness Mediation Practices
- Awareness of pleasant and unpleasant events
- Awareness of breathing
- Deliberate awareness of routine activities.
- Daily home assignments including 45 minutes of formal meditation and 10 minutes of informal practice.
This course is $500, which includes the retreat fee, and is limited to 15 participants.
Taught at Elevate Wellness Studio, located at 7940 Goodwood Boulevard.
To schedule please call 225-478-4500 or email [email protected].